CHAPTER – 1
THE MAGIC GARDEN
1. Why did the flowers love the little children?
Ans. The flowers loved the little children because they used to care for flowers.
They water the flowers and dig the ground nicely.
2. Why did the birds love the children?
Ans. The birds loved the children because they used to bring bread for them.
- Name five flowers growing in the magic garden. Ans. Pensy, Sunflower, Marigold, Poppy and Rose.
- What sounds could the children hear in the garden?
Ans. The children could not hear the sound of sweet songs sung by fairies.
- Talk Time: Ans. I like roses.Most roses are red. Some are white. Some are yellow. Are there blue roses?
I have not seen any blue roses!
- Which one is your favourite flower? Learn its name in English. Ans. My favourite flower is lotus. That is, name in English is ‘lotus’.
- Say aloud:
- Name two words in each petal which you see in a garden. Ans. Insects: Grasshopper, Butterfly
Trees: Mango, Guava
Flowers: Rose, Sunflower
Tools: Spade, Axe
Birds: Sparrow, Parrot
- What would you like to grow in your garden? Write three sentences giving the names of the flowers that you might like to grow in your garden.
Ans. In my garden I would like to grow: Roses
In my garden I would like to grow: Marigolds
In my garden I would like to grow: Sun Flower