An algorithm is defined as a logical step by step procedure to solve the problems in computer programming.
Advantages of the algorithm:
- It helps in the development of a procedure
- The variables required to solve the problem
- Allows in decision-making
- Helps to identify the process
A pictorial or graphical representation of an algorithm to demonstrate the flow of a program with the help of symbols, arrows, shapes, etc. is called the flowchart.
Advantages of flowchart:
- It is the best way to communicate the logic of a system
- It serves as an excellent program documentation
- Helps to analyze problems in an effective way
- It helps in the maintaining of the program
- The debugging process is made easier
Download the free NCERT Solutions Class 11 Computer Science Algorithms and Flowcharts from below.