NCERT Solutions Class 6 English Honeysuckle Chapter 4 PDF
NCERT solutions for class 6 english chapter 4 – an Indian American woman in space is provided here to help students prepare well for their exams. The NCERT solutions given here contain important chapter questions which have been laid out in an easy to understand format. Detailed explanations and other exercises are also given by our experts to bring more clarity to the topics. With our solutions, students will be able to, clear all their doubts regarding the lesson, have a better preparation strategy and stay on top of the class.
Some of the important topics covered in this chapter include;
- The life of Kalpana Chawla and her status as Indian – American.
- The abilities of an astronaut.
- Kalpana Chawla’s first mission in space.
- The message of pursuing one’s dream.
The NCERT solutions for class 6 english chapter chapter 4 – an Indian American woman in space can be found below. These solutions are based on the latest syllabus and consist of answers to all the questions given at the end of the chapter.
NCERT Solutions For Class 6 English Honeysuckle Chapter 4 — An Indian
American Woman In Space
1. Where was Kalpana Chawla born? Why is she called an ndian American? (3)
Kalpana Chawla was born in Karnal, Haryana. She was called an Indian-American because she went to US and became its naturalised citizen.
2. When and why did she go to the U.S.? Who did she marry?
She went to US after completing a Bachelor of Science degree In aeronautical engineering for pursuing a master’s degree. She married flight instructor Jean-Pierre Harrison.
3. How did she become an astronaut? What gave her the idea that she could be an astronaut? (3)
After qualifying as a pilot, Chawla applied to NASA space shuttle program. She was first hired as a research Scientist at NASA. In 1994 she was selected at NASA for training as an astronaut. It was her success as a pilot which gave her the idea that she could become an astronaut.
4. What abilities must an astronaut have, according to the journalist? (6)
According to the journalist, it takes enormous ability to be an astronaut. An astronaut must know a lot about everything, from biology to astrophysics to aeronautical engineering. In this age of super-specialisation, you must have encyclopedic knowledge to be an astronaut.
5. Describe Kalpana Chawla’s first mission in space. (5)
Kalpana Chawla’s first mission was in the space shuttle Columbia. It was a 15 days, 16 hours and 34 minutes. During this time, she went around the earth 252 times travelling 1.45 million km. The crew performed experiments such as pollinating plants to observe food growth in space. It also made test for making stronger metals and faster computer chips. It was all done for a price tag of 56 million dollars.
6. What does Kalpana Chawla say about pursuing a dream? Do you agree with her that success is possible? (7)
Kalpana Chawla said that the path from dreams to success does exist. One needs to have the vision to find it, and the courage to get onto it. Yes, success is possible.