NCERT Solutions Class 6 English Honeysuckle Chapter 8 PDF
Free NCERT solutions for class 6 english chapter 8 – a game of chance is provided here. The solutions contain questions which have been solved by experts and explanations are provided for clarity. Students can easily access all exercise questions with answers and have a complete revision of the important topics in the chapter. Students can further prepare well and score more marks in their examinations. Here are some of the important topics covered in this chapter;
- Rasheed’s visit to the fair.
- Rasheed and the Lucky shop man.
- The meaning of Game of Chance.
- The trick of the shopkeeper.
The NCERT solutions for class 6 English chapter 8 – a game of chance can be found below. These solutions are based on the latest syllabus and consist of answers to all the questions given at the end of the chapter.
NCERT Solutions Class 6 English
A. Complete the following sentences from memory choosing a phrase from those given in brackets.
1. _____________________ was held at the time of the Eid festival. (A big show, A big fair, A big competition)
► A big fair
2. Tradesmen came to the village with all kinds of goods _________________. (to display, to buy, to sell)
► to sell
3. Uncle told me _________________ while he was away. (not to buy anything, not to go anywhere, not to talk to anyone)
► not to buy anything
4. The owner of the Lucky Shop wanted everybody present __________________. (to play the game, to win a prize, to try their luck)
► to try their luck
5. The first time I took a chance I got ________________________ . (a bottle of ink, two pencils, a trifle)
► two pencils
6. Uncle told me that the shopkeeper had made __________________. (a fool of me, a good profit, friends with many people)
► a fool of me
Page no: 104
B. Answer the following questions.
1. Why do you think Rasheed’s uncle asked him not to buy anything in his absence? (3) Answer Rasheed’s uncle asked him not to buy anything in his absence because he knew that the shopkeepers would cheat him.
2. Why was the shop called ‘Lucky Shop’? (4)
The shop was called Lucky Shop because everybody can try their luck.
3. An old man won a clock and sold it back to the shopkeeper. How much money did he make? (5)
The old man made 15 rupees by selling the clock back to the shopkeeper.
4. How many prizes did the boy win? What were they? (6)
Answer The boy won four prizes. They were a comb, a fountain pen, a wristwatch and a table lamp.
5. Why was Rasheed upset? (7, 8, 9)
Rasheed was upset because he had hopes of winning a big prize and he continued trying his luck again and again. But every time he got a trifle. People were looking at him and laughing at his bad luck, but no one showed any sympathy. He played till he finished all his money.
6. In what way did the shopkeeper make a fool of Rasheed? (11)
The shopkeeper played tricks to tempt to try his luck by making him believe that it was luck that got the old man and the boy their prizes but in reality they were friends of the shopkeeper. Therefore, Rasheed tried his luck again and again but only got some cheap things which he sold back to the shopkeeper and lost all his money.