NCERT Solutions Class 7 Civics Chapter 4 PDF
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Civics Social Science Chapter 4-Growing Up As Boys and Girls is provided here according to the latest NCERT (CBSE) guidelines. Students can further clear all their doubts and also get better marks in the exam. With these solutions students will be able to understand each topic clearly and at the same time prepare well for the exams. Students can easily access the solutions which includes important chapter questions and detailed explanations provided by our experts. To give you a brief idea of the chapter, it basically deals with topics like;
- Writing in your own words about the terms like ‘invisible’, ‘physically demanding’ and ‘time consuming’
- Describing the toys played by boys and girls
- Finding out about someone working as a domestic help in your locality
Get CBSE Class 7 Civics NCERT solutions for chapter 4-Growing Up As Boys and Girls below. These solutions consist of answers to all the important questions in NCERT book chapter 4.
NCERT Solutions Class 7 Civics Chapter 4
Page No: 53
1. Are the statements given alongside true or false. Support your answer with the use of an example —
a. All societies do not think similarly about the roles that boys and girls play.
b. Our society does not make distinctions between boys and girls when they are growing up.
c. Women who stay at home do not work.
d. The work that women do is less valued than that of men.
(a) True. In most societies, the roles men and women play or the work they do are not valued equally. They do not have the same status. It is supposed that household works must be done by women while men do the office work.
(b) False. The distinctions between boys and girls begin at a very young age. For example, both of them given different toys to play with. Boys are usually given cars to play with and girls dolls. Additionally, they were told how girls must dress, what games boys should play, how girls need to talk softly or boys need to be tough.
(c) False. The responsibility of housework i.e. looking after children, cooking, washing clothes, cleaning, looking after etc. bear a lot of pressure and hard work. Even after that, this is not recognized as work and presumed as natural work of women. While women work right from morning to the night in household duties.
(d) True. As men get paid for what they are doing in the offices and earn the livelihood while a woman who is working from morning to night in household duties are not paid for. The household work is considered as the natural duty of a woman and thus is less valued than that of men.
2. Housework is invisible and unpaid work. Housework is physically demanding. Housework is time-consuming.
Write in your own words what is meant by the terms ‘invisible’, ‘physically demanding’, and ‘time consuming’? Give one example of each based on the household tasks undertaken by women in your home
Invisible: The things which can’t be seen. The household work is invisible which can be seen only when it is not done.
Physically demanding: Demands hard work and efforts. Cleaning of floors and washing of clothes is physically demanding works.
Time-consuming: Work which takes a lot of to be completed. Cooking is time-consuming work.
3. Make a list of toys and games that boys typically play and another for girls. If there is a difference between the two lists, can you think of some reasons why this is so? Does this have any relationship to the roles children have to play as adults?
Toys and games that boys typically play: Cars, Toy guns, Cricket, Football, Hockey, Kabaddi etc. Toys and games that girls typically play: Kitchen set, Doll, Teddy, Badminton, Skipping etc.
Reasons for the difference in the list of games:
(i) Mentality of society.
(ii) Physical appearance of the body.
(iii) The thought that girls need to talk softly and boys need to be tough. Yes, it does have a relationship to the roles children have to play as an adult as men are supposed to work outside in office and earn money while women are supposed to do household works.
4. If you have someone working as a domestic help in your house or locality talk to her and find out a little bit more about her life — Who are her family members? Where is her home? How many hours does she work? How much does she get paid? Write a small story based on these details.
This question should be done by themselves.
Get NCERT class 7 civics chapter 4 pdf growing up as boys and girls pdf.